photo

photo

Monday, February 13, 2012

uganda! :)

Remember that time I walked in my office and found this?...


Yeah, me too.

This all happened a few weeks ago, and I've been super excited/nervous to finally say "I AM GOING TO UGANDA!!!" (because when I said it out loud, it became real, and sometimes real is really scary)

It's already been such a cool journey to get here and I can't wait to see how God opens doors for this trip and this ministry.

The conversation started last summer when my great friend and co-worker, Mark Jent, came to me and asked if I'd be interested in leading/joining a trip! I was beyond excited... I was blessed to go to Honduras for 4 years in college with an amazing group, and I knew I wanted to keep serving and keep going somewhere anywhere.  Nothing was particularly on my heart, but I remember making the statement "I mean, would I love to go somewhere awesome like Uganda or somewhere else in Africa? absolutely, but i'll go wherever."... I really wasn't being picky and was ready to just do whatever was helpful for Mark... we both even had said multiple times that something was going to work out and it would be perfect.

I'm in three weddings this year, two roommates and one of my own :) :)...so the timeline of what I'd be able to serve/lead was going to be limited. We had a few ideas, but nothing was really jumping off of the pages for either of us.  It came almost 8 months later that this opportunity arose! How blessed I feel already.

A wonderful student on campus had a passion for the people in Uganda and decided to take the trip last year!! This will be the second (with probably many more to come) trip and I can't wait to be a part of this with them and I'm so looking forward to it!

Of course there were many things to think through... time, money, commitment, everything... but sweet Andrew and I are really looking forward to seeing how God can use this ministry in the years to come!!!! Prayers are very appreciated... for the team, for financial blessings, for safety, and most importantly, for God to work in Uganda and for His name to be glorified!

Happy Monday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment