photo

photo

Monday, May 14, 2012

Call to me and I will answer you.


:) Uganda Update

What an amazing first 5 (6?) days we have had… I had no idea and couldn’t have had anyone describe what this place is like.  Yes, a lot of the atmosphere and surroundings reminds me of past missions, but the culture is like none other.

Jetlag and time changes are something I still don’t really understand.  It blows my mind that we (in my head) travelled against time on an airplane and when we arrived in another country, we had somehow lost 8 hours of our lives.  It’s cuhrazy for me to think about people still being at work when we are sound asleep.  I know that it’s super normal, but I’ve just never been so far away.

The kids are amazing.  They want to love you and know you and they are so kind and generous and gracious.  The language barrier is interesting, but not that terrible at all!  It’s funny, I always have needed to speak Spanish normally so I keep wanting to say “Como?” or “Si” over and over haha

I feel like my brain is literally growing.  Learning things I didn’t know were even out there to learn… learning culture and confidence and patience like never before.  Learning to communicate and relate in ways that aren’t really even possible.  These stories… these circumstances… I didn’t even know and still can’t understand.

My sweet and wonderful friends wrote me a note for everyday to open (so did my sweet love Andrew) and I looooooove opening them everyday. It’s always exactly what I need to hear. Today, Jennifer (the other queen of the tower) wrote me the most encouraging and affirming note (yes, tears ran down my face as I read it) and quoted Jeremiah 33:3

“Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and unsearchable things that you do not know.”

He’s continuing to teach us… Forming us and positioning us to exactly where He wants to use us.  He’s placing us and speaking to each of us in such wonderful ways.  What an indescribable blessing and gift.

Day by day learning new things…

Wednesday (travel day):  There are sooooo many people in the world… with SOOOOO many different stories and paths.

Thursday (travel day that somehow we lost in the air or something): God can use you on an airplane…. In ways that He may have never used you before.

Friday: (morning)- Jetlag is weird. (evening)- Worship looks different across the world, but our King is on the SAME throne being glorified. Crazy awesome.

Saturday: Meeting new people is maybe awkward and split at first, but can quickly turn into great testimony in the Kingdom.

Sunday:  New friends (Douglas) can lead you into places that open your eyes wider and the people that feel most blessed, are looked at as the blessing.

Monday:  Being free and playful (aka: doing the Robot, attempting to break dance, and arm-wrestling) is WAY more fun than standing on the sidelines.

Happy Day to all.  Keep the prayers coming.  We feel the covering of God from it and appreciate your love so much.

Also, check out other updates from the team here!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment