photo

photo

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

sweet season.

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again... I have been shocked, surprised, pleasantly overwhelmed by how much Andrew and I are enjoying this season of life.  I think every part of me thought that being engaged would be miserable.  You know you're getting married, but you still have to peace out at the front door at 10pm... you are committed, but you don't share money or time (really) and finding a balance sucks... but wait a second... it's been FUN! So much more fun than I ever imagined.

Most of this has to do with my groom... duh... and how gracious, understanding, and patient he has been with me over the past 7 1/2 (ish) months. but even more than anything WE have done, it's been so much more about learning together.

We have been learning SO STINKIN' MUCH (it feels like) about marriage, and life together, and it being OUR MARRIAGE and OUR relationship and OUR choices together.  It's been so fun learning that today may stink, but tomorrow might be awesome... and knowing that we're in this together as a team. Granted, we are still 87 days (yes, I have a countdown on my phone, computer, and this handy little blog) away from being married, but I'm just thankful today for this season and for the people that have been pouring into us and our relationship.  We are so thankful for long walks with friends, talks around the dinner table that end up being us as sponges as people talk about marriage... we are thankful for GRACE and HELP when we don't have any idea what to do, and very thankful for the encouragement that we get from wonderful mentors and friends.

We are enjoying this season and looking so forward to the next!
_____________________________________________________________________

There has also been a LOT going on during this season... we have been a little busy lately with LIFE and even when it gets draining, it's still kinda fun :)

I went to Africa... that was a turning point in being engaged... When I left, we were still more than 4 months away, and when I got back, we were LESS than 4 months out and as everyone KEEPS telling us, time flies ;)

Maegan, my beautiful and intentional roommate, got MARRIED!!! June 2, 2012 she tied the knot to John and headed to the Dominican... without us. She was a beautiful and radiant bride and I was so thankful to stand beside her on their special day :) 

She was so beautiful and so happy!

Father's day weekend we got to go to Murray and see my family and MAN baby girl Kyndall is getting so big!!!! She is the most precious thing and has been smiling more and more... and it's true... she does love her Aunt Keela and Uncle Andrew... even if her cute faces are just from gas, it makes me so happy.

Before REGISTERING :) :) :)

beach goddess... bah. I just want to take a little bite out of her. I won't though.


Got to have lunch with Tara, Stacy, and Baby girl last Sunday! :)
June 23, our sweet and wonderful Kaitlynn finally married sweet Burton.  After 13 months of waiting for their wedding day, it was HERE and so perfect.  Everything was so perfect and the weather couldn't have been better for June 23 :)... She was absolutely stunning and her sweet spirit absolutely glowed. It was just perfect!

I just love this picture for some reason... everyone is just so happy.
So beautiful and SO happy :) :) :) 

BFF caught the bouquet :) :)
Next up, Carter and Lindsay's wedding this weekend... then off to the beach with Andrew's family and the Smith's!!! :) :) Couldn't be more excited about getting away and spending time with them! 

Happy Wednesday :) :)

3 comments:

  1. Even as a married couple, Logan and I admire you and Andrew and the purity and sincerity of your relationship. You are both such a blessing to us! I'm so glad we get to share life together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm you forgot an awesome lake weekend with some of your other friends. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't want to brag on ALL of the fun things we've been doing I guess.

      Delete