photo

photo

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

community.

If there is one thing that GOD has been teaching me/shaping me/reminding me/showing me/SCREAMING at me lately... it is the importance of COMMUNITY!!!!!!

I feel like over and over in the past few months, God has completely been revealing the importance of living in harmony and community with one another and surrounding yourself with men and women that are seeking the Lord and obeying His will.  I feel like I could literally babble for hours about the small (and huge) ways that God has been showing me this and how thankful I am that He has been revealing Himself.

I have been spoon-fed great community for years now and this is the first time, really, in my life that community isn't (literally) just waiting in the living room, or downstairs, or on campus, or at the dinner table.  It's the first time in my life where God has completely been showing me that community isn't just something that is waiting for YOU to show up to, but a blessing that God may put on your heart to create, pour into, or give your heart to.  

We were created to live in community with one another.  We were created (I believe) to be in the lives of other people and share in the blessings, hardships, mountain-top times, and valley's of life.  I believe that we were created to share and encourage and challenge and learn from the people in our lives and I firmly feel so blessed by the calling to community lately.  

I'm thankful today.  Thankful for community and thankful that the Holy Spirit is truly convicting me, and showing me and Andrew, that we NEED that community.  We need people cheering us on and we NEED to be cheering others to thrive and flourish.  


"They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.  Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles.  All the believers were together and had everything in common.  They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need.  Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts.  They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people.  And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.
-Acts 2


Maybe I'm taking this passage out of context, kinda, but I just have been thinking about it lately and really want to strive and learn to be more like this.  We need the people around us.  We need people on our team.  We are called to be in the lives of others and I'm thankful for that.

Sorry if this was a tangent...
Happy Wednesday (and only 45 days 'til I become the wife of Andrew) to all :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment