photo

photo

Thursday, June 20, 2013

London, baby!

Soooo remember that time Andrew and I travelled to LONDON, ENGLAND with AMAZING students and it was AWESOME!?!?!?! yeah, me too. Let's talk about that.

Couldn't help but think of FRIENDS while we were there! London, baby!!

We have been blessed beyond measure in the past couple of months and I genuinely can't wait to see what God is doing. I am completely confident that God is really doing some big things in us right now, and for that I'm thankful.

We were invited by Dr. and Mrs. Lowry to help lead the trip to London with the new Freshmen coming to Lipscomb in the Fall from Lipscomb Academy.  It took us all of 25 seconds (along with some sadness for missing friends/family weddings) to decide we couldn't pass up this awesome opportunity.  So, about a month later, we boarded the plane with 32 students and headed over the pond!!!

I wish I could begin to express the amount of love we had for each of the students we travelled with. I genuinely have zero complaints about our week together and am so so SO ready for them to be on campus next year! Seriously.  I love them.

Andrew and I, of course, LOVED the city.  What a beautiful place of history, culture, and beauty.  We did almost everything we wanted to do/see... so I'll guess we will have to go back someday! :)

Andrew is the best GPS that's ever existed and is the most amazing leader. I loved watching him lead the students (and let's be honest... me, too) around the city and lead them in joyful servanthood.  He. Is. Awesome.

I wish I could write everything out... but pictures are better probably. Overall=no complaints whatsoever. Loved the city. Loved our students. Loved spending time with Dr. and Mrs. Lowry. Bah. It was just incredible.


(LEFT) The view from our Flat (real name. I'm not just being trendy) in Regents College! We stayed in the dorms at Regents College which is located INSIDE of Regents park. No big deal. 



King's Cross Station from Harry Potter (or from real life, but Harry Potter drew us there)


Our group!!! (Minus Dr. and Mrs. Lowry)

Platform 9 3/4

First time we saw Big Ben

Parliament

London Eye on the 1st day! We were so exhausted after staying up for over 24 hours!!! #WorthIt

Headed to Buckingham Palace!

Buckingham Palace Changing of the Guard

Free time: Walking bridge over to the EYE!


Definitely didn't have to tell us twice.

Inside the London Eye! You could see the entire city. It was awesome.

Not bad, behind the National Gallery!

First academic class with Dr. Lowry! These guys did GREAT with the Socratic Method of teaching. I would have tucked my tail and fled. (not really, but maybe.)

Lunch at Middle Temple and then toured the Inns of Court!


Tower of London!!! We saw the Queen's Crown jewel's and the torture places! 
(scawey... and awesome)

We took ALOOOT of selfies. Don't judge. Andrew hated it. I loved it. Got the job done.

Tower Bridge.
 
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Theater night #1: Saw the longest running play in the world! The Mousetrap. 
We have discovered I LOVE the theater! I knew I liked it, but I was on the edge of my seat everytime!!!!!!!

Tuesday we went to Cambridge!!


They split Isaac Newton's apple tree (gravity... google it) into three parts. 
This is part of it at Trinity College, where we attended Cambridge University!

Punting Tour!!! One of my favorite moments, by far! #HopelessRomantic



After Evensong at King's College. Amazing night.


our fearless leaders before Phantom of the Opera!!!! Loved spending time with each of them and it was such a blessing to watch them lead and love on the students!!!

Blurry phone selfie #67, but a good memory nonetheless.... Picadilly Circus after Phantom!!

Train ride to bath (right) and the Roman Baths (left)
They were built around 70AD!!!!!!! Wow. 


In Bath, this is the oldest house/restaurant. Sally Lunn knows how to make bread. Wow. I have craved this little guy every day since we went! I'm actually lusting after it right now as I type this.


 Selfies in Bath for coffee and at the Silver Cross Pub!! Fish and Chips were DELICIOUS :)

Back in London after our day trip to Bath. Went to see the sights at night! :) Beautiful.


Only 85% of my photos taken were of Big Ben. Oops.


Friday was our 'go-as-fast-as-you-can-to-see-it-all' day!
Westminster Abbey tour, Bella Italia for lunch, Hamley's (largest toy store in the world), 
Top Shop (to curve my 'I want to buy stuff in London' issue), Niketown, Ride a double decker bus, 
Hyde Park, and ride bikes in Hyde Park!!! 

Westminster Abbey tour! Andrew, obviously above, wasn't up for another selfie.
He deserves for this to be on the internet. 


Hyde Park! It was so beautiful and we had the BEST time riding bikes :) :)

The trip back was fine and those sweet students were ready to be home, I think!
Jetlag wasn't too bad, but we don't mind going to sleep by 8:30pm haha

Cheers!!!







1 comment:

  1. Keela. We're going to have to talk about how you took those BREATHTAKING photos at night in London before we leave for Paris...

    Because if you remember DC, I didn't do so well shooting at night... haha. :)

    SO BEAUTIFUL. I'm so glad y'all had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete