photo

photo

Sunday, June 2, 2013

we'll enter in as the wedding bells ring.

Today was such an amazing day at Ethos and I just can't get the lyrics and overwhelming emotion out of my head of how beautiful our God is.

I sat alone today during church... Sometimes I get caught up with where we sit, who I see, what we do, everything. I get overwhelmed by the tasks or my to-do list for the afternoon and forget why I'm there and who I'm there for.  I sat alone in the back and just listened and soaked up the words Brandon shared and truly felt the Spirit of God during worship. There were alot of great moments, but one hit me  harder than the others. We sang the song "You're Beautiful" and there's a lyric referencing the wedding we will someday have with Christ.

"We'll enter in as the wedding bells ring
Your bride will come together and we'll sing You're Beautiful."

There is a memory I will have until the day I die... The moment in the church on our wedding day when all of our friends and family were waiting for me.  Waiting for me and my Dad to walk down the aisle. The moment when Andrew was waiting for me, as his bride, to come down to him and be with him forever. The moment when Caity and Nick opened the doors for me and the music played and everyone stood in anticipation for me.  There is this moment when I take a deep breath and start toward Andrew... hand in hand with my earthly Father and in the greatest anticipation of joy and life.  I will never forget that moment and I know that I am the only one that will ever be able to know exactly how I felt in those few seconds.  When a new life was in front of me... just waiting for me to walk to it.

How much more will our life with Jesus be!!  We sang those words this morning and I just imagined that moment standing there. Standing in from of my groom, and now husband, so imperfect and unworthy and broken.  I was so in need of his open arms at the end of that walk and so thankful that he chose and accepted me to be his bride.  Even more so with God... I'm so imperfect and broken and unworthy of His love, and yet He waits for me as if I am a gift He is waiting to have forever.

There's a reason why a wedding is referenced so often in the bible.  There is something so beautiful about us preparing ourselves in eager anticipation of when we get to start eternity with our Father. What a beautiful moment it will be when we are united forever.  We will all come together and sing.


You're Beautiful
by: Phil Wickham

I see Your face in every sunrise
The colors of the morning are inside Your eyes
The world awakens in the light of the day
I look up to the sky and say
You're beautiful
I see Your power in the moonlit night
Where planets are in motion and galaxies are bright
We are amazed in the light of the stars
It's all proclaiming who You are
You're beautiful
I see You there hanging on a tree
You bled and then you died and then you rose again for me
Now You are sitting on Your heavenly throne
Soon we will be coming home
You're beautiful
When we arrive at eternity's shore
Where death is just a memory and tears are no more
We'll enter in as the wedding bells ring
Your bride will come together and we'll sing
You're beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment